Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Why Mess with a Good Title

I am far too lazy to set up an entirely new blog. Besides, I have about 83165841 logins and passwords taking up valuable real estate in my brain. So, the song remains the same.

Today I will share a little nugget from HR Land, where the roads are paved with checklists and we love process outlines. Twice in the last week, I've had the distinct pleasure of fielding questions regarding candidates who decided that "f**k" is an appropriate word to use when communicating to a recruiter the sense of loss felt upon learning that they would not be moving forward in the interview process. To clarify, I am not referring to the sideways "f**k" that slips out during conversation, I'm talking about the written "f**k", the "f**k" that took time, fingers, and a mouse click on another 4 letter word, "send" to deliver unto the recipient's inbox. Please don't misunderstand, those who have had the distinct displeasure of speaking with me when I have reached my saturation level of frustration know that if swearing were an olympic event, I'd do my country proud. We're all our own marketing and sales department when it comes to looking for a new job - I guess some people aren't meeting their quota this week.

No comments: