Saturday, January 12, 2008

Trepidation...

At 6:00 on Tuesday morning, I depart for sunny Orlando, FL, for 3 days and 2 nights of meetings and socializing with my colleagues and management. It's the semi-annual meeting of the "Leadership Team", which I think should be renamed to "The A Team" - not to insinuate that we fight crime while riding around in a van, but rather to offer up possibilities for the meaning of the "A". Attentive, Aspiring, Apathetic, Androgynous (well, that doesn't really work), Argumentative (that does) - the list goes on and on.

In my quest to remain positive (despite the fact that I hate being separated from Dave and Three Year Old for one day, let alone for this long, and I don't like air travel, and it's supposed to rain the whole time I'm there so my hair will look like shit, and I'll have to work at night after the socialization time which means I'm going to be very tired), below is a list of things I'm looking forward to about this trip, in order of importance:

1. Getting to see the wonderful Jennifer, who never tires of being "voice of reason" in the face of my tendency toward "loose cannon".
2. COACH OUTLET!!! AND I HAVE $75 IN GIFT CARDS!!!
3. COACH OUTLET!!! AND I HAVE $75 IN GIFT CARDS!!!
4. Moving on, as a corollary, the fact that my Director is taking me and Jennifer to the COACH OUTLET on Thursday morning. She's also the source of one of those gift cards.
5. Walking through Disney on the boardwalk, finding perfect presents for Dave and Three Year Old.
6. Trying to top the "Buzz Lightyear Phone" gift to Three Year Old from August 2007.
7. COACH OUTLET!!! AND I HAVE $75 IN GIFT CARDS!!!
8. Seeing my other colleagues and managers face to face, which only happens about twice a year.
9. The Heavenly Bed at the Swan Hotel where I am staying, courtesy of my employer (nice, huh?).
10. Sending postcards to my family and friends.

I'll update with a recap upon return - things are very hectic right now, so please forgive the delays between posts.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Smento said...

Re: the damp weather, rock the curly look, lady, as I've seen you do so well. And have fun!