Monday, September 3, 2007

Very Good Things

No griping today - instead, I offer a list of 15 things that made me happy this weekend:

1. A 4 day weekend with Dave and Three Year Old. We *never* get to spend that much time together. It went by just right - not too fast, not so slow that we got bored. Just perfect. I am going to miss them both so badly tomorrow. Thankfully, it's a short week.
2. Visiting my Mom and Gaddy at their house, for the first time in well over a year. Mom made an awesome lunch, Three Year Old had a great time playing (and taking home a ton of new toys and books and and and), and we got to relax together for the first time in a long time. As a huge plus, Mom cleaned out her very nice closet - I just recently arrived back at the home base of size 8, and she gave me a new wardrobe. Much appreciated!
3. Another first time in a long time - visiting Dave's family. This was a particularly special visit because he and his parents, all of his siblings, all the nieces and nephews, basically everyone was there at the same time. Don't want to make another bullet point, but it's really amazing to realize that you've crossed the barrier of "his family" to "mine too". I'm very lucky to have married into the family that I did.
4. The amazing dinner Dave cooked for me, Three Year Old, and Dad and Sharon. Smoked brisket, olathe corn, pasta salad, Texas farm peaches and ice cream...I will be in starvation mode for a week in order to continue to fit into the aforementioned clothing. It was so amazingly good. We had such a great time. Big sigh of post consumption satisfaction.
5. Taking a nap on a pallet on the floor in front of the TV with a sleepy Three Year Old.
6. Watching "Battlestar Galactica" episodes on same pallet with not sleepy Dave.
7. Using the experience gained from a 14.5 year relationship which includes 10 years of marriage to plot course of action to exact revenge against those who have wronged either party. Neither of us is as dangerous as both of us.
8. The end of Summer! This week we are expecting highs in the 80's - bliss. I absolutely love Fall - the clothes, the colors, the crisp air, Octoberfest, and remembering so many of my favorite times that happened in the Fall.
9. Saving money and time by doing my own pedicure.
10. Breaking out my Fall bag - the much beloved Coach 2004 Limited Edition Vintage Soho Soft Duffle in bordeaux.
11. Thinking about my brother who is currently on a student exchange program in China - he really needs his own adventure series.
12. Being so fortunate to have my sister and her family close by - Three Year Old does not have foreseeable siblings, and it's awesome that he and his cousins get along so well and spend time together.
13. An empty hamper.
14. A full icebox.
15. Leftovers calling my name.

Big contented smile of satisfaction...life is very, very, very good.

No comments: