Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I'M MELTING...what a world, what a world

OK, this is ridiculous. It is so hot that my brain is frying inside of my head. I can literally feel myself expanding as I bake when stepping outside. It's like a protracted death, interrupted by the incessant attacks from the mosquitos who are apparently impervious to the scorching sun.

The good news is, it's supposed to cool off to a chilly 93 on Saturday, the day that the almost 3 year old actually turns 3.

Other than the weather, items identified for LGF are limited today to phrases:

1. The phrase "(insert person/place/thing here) can see me in hell". OK, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the least of your problems will be encountering the source of your contempt when you are in hell. Based on my understanding of hell, there are few individuals, including but not limited to Condescending Pharmacy Clerk, who can compare to the discomfort level one would experience in hell. Just a thought.

2. "I could care less". Given the widespread use of this phrase, it's entirely possible that I just don't understand. It seems to me, that if a person could "care less" about a situation or problem, there is serious ground to be gained by the party inflicting this particular irritation. I would see this as an open door demanding to be kicked down.

3. "There is no I in team". True, but there is an M and an E, and changing the spelling of team to teim is one of my fantasies. It's been my experience that people who employ this particular saying are riding along comfortably on the backs of their teammates.

The tributes:

The once upon a time when Coach and Dooney didn't introduce new collections every month. If I find myself inexplicably and unfortunately poor when a certain item I particularly like is introduced, the odds are very bad that I will be able to obtain it anywhere other than eBay.

Spring 2007...I didn't appreciate you enough, did I? You were here for me, and I didn't pay enough attention to you. I learned from my mistakes in our relationship, and want you to come back. Please baby - don't be that way.

Time for me to go soak in ice - have a lovely evening...

No comments: